Pitching Practice: 6 kinds of balks you must know
I’m going to introduce a video about the balk. The team at bat can advance without the risks on a balk. On the other hand, there are cases in which the team on the field loses a point on a balk. The trainers have already understood it, but I’d appreciate if you check it out again.
1. The case in which the pitcher doesn’t stand still at the time of pitching
This is the most popular balk.
[prevention] There is no rule about how much time you stand still, but you just do it.
2. The case in which the pitcher steps forward and out of the pitcher’s plate
It follows that you made a balk if you step forward and out of the plate
[prevention] If you want to break a set position, you must step out of the plate in the direction of the second.
3. The case in which the pitcher checks the sign again after he checks the sign first and moves into pitching
[prevention] You should set a before-pitching routine
4. The case in which the pitcher stands still twice
For example, if you make a set position on your chest and belt, it follows that you made a balk.
[prevention] You can stand still only once.
5. The case in which the pitcher doesn’t keep his glove in front of the body.
“In front of the body” amounts to his tall. If you keep the glove above your head, it doesn’t follow that you stood still, so be careful about it.
6. The case in which the position in which the pitcher keeps the glove varies on a match.
In some cases, it follows that you made a balk, but it depends on the organization you belong to, so you should check the rules.
Understanding the rules about the balk will help your team. Pitchers should be careful not to make a balk.
- 筋力トレーニング2020.06.29Work Out-make practices more fun by combining the running with tic-tac-toe
- 守備練習2020.06.25基礎練習 キャッチボールは遊び心が大切！？ 前田健太投手オススメのキャッチボールとは
- ピッチング練習2020.06.22Throwing practice –To learn the correct way of shadow pitching
- ピッチング練習2020.06.15Throwing practice – Sidearm: practices which improves the extension of pitching